BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 10, 2010

A New Plan (again?)

Hello again!

I would like to say that during my most recent leave of absence, I have lost 20 lbs, won a local Mrs. Beauty contest and have been so busy princess-waving off of parade floats that I haven’t had time to write. Unfortunately, I think you know me well enough to know that would definitely be a bold faced lie. More honestly, I am essentially the same as the last time I reported in. I did a few Friday weigh-ins, but when nothing changes, those aren’t terribly interesting. Frankly, this blog is as much about my journey as a writer as it is my journey as a wanna-be “Momshell”. When there is no story, I have no reason to write.

Since I my last posting, I have learned something about myself. The limited accountability is not enough. Granted, regularly posting my true weight on the internet for all to see makes me want to punch myself in the face, but that is obviously not enough to put a fire under my ass. I don’t post regularly enough to have true accountability. I write when I want to. Which brings up another problem- after I post my terribly honest but comical mumblings, I get praise from my peers. This sounds great (it is), but my ego is stroked and I get excited. I am so very delighted that there are people who enjoy my writing that I forget about the big lard butt I sit on when I write.

School has begun again. I am a nerd. I like school. I like all my classes. I also like that I am now free to be a real brown-noser of a student. I am so much older and chubbier than my trendy classmates, that being a “cool kid” is now completely out of the question. I am 25, and you would be surprised massive age difference between 19 and 25. Or maybe you wouldn’t. I’m sure being a married, mama, fuddy-duddy doesn’t help. I have one cool kid friend. My little brother in all his “22-year-old,-college-athlete,-party-boy” glory, has joined me at LCSC. Since he waited until the VERY last minute to register, he is also in a few of my classes (Shakespeare and Creative Writing: Nonfiction, HA!). We see each other often between classes as well. On one such occasion, I complemented his outfit. His response, “You know how I do, always keeping it fresh for the ladies”. (And people need translators for Shakespeare!) Whatever, after that he continued on by saying, “Hey, actually, you look pretty fly today too… surprisingly”. I don’t think he even realized what he said or what that really implied. He just went on to trash whatever theater geek walked by next. Meanwhile that statement has been emblazoned into my memory. I have always been, um… “curvier” than the girls (skanks) my brother goes after, but he always would say I was pretty and/or had good style. And now… I think not.

At any rate, all this has led to me making a REAL commitment. For starters, I researched and selected a real diet and fitness plan. I bought Women’s Health: The Perfect Body Diet. I like it. It’s all about eating/working out best for your specific body type- the age-old apple or pear standard. I, with all my torso fullness, am an apple. I spent almost a week reading the whole book, doing the prep-work, making notes and grocery shopping. Today is my first, full, official day and I haven’t cheated yet. I am going all out. I will give this plan a real chance. I can make it 8 weeks, especially since I get a “cheat day” at the end of every 2 weeks I complete successfully. I may spend 14 days straight waiting for day 15, but I WILL do this. The book includes the meal plans, recipes and workouts. All I have to do is follow the directions. Easier said than done, I know. So goodbye for now, because I have to go do today’s workout before my Sophia wakes from her nap!

0 comments: