BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Success!

Despite everything, I must be doing something right. I didn’t report in after last week’s Friday weigh in, but I lost one pound last week. This morning I again weighed myself and once again I lost a pound. I feel so encouraged by this. Losing just a single pound each week means I really get it. I am making positive lifestyle changes and gradually losing an appropriate amount of weight. Typically my most successful form of weight loss has been from the “too much, too soon” school of thought. When I realize I have an event that I would like to look pretty for in two weeks, I starve myself for the two weeks. I feel slimmer for the evening but before the party is over, I consume twice as many drinks and desserts as I should have. I remember that when husband and I went on our cruise to Cabo, I tried to start getting bikini ready almost 3 months before we flew to San Diego. During that three month time span, every time someone offered me cake, I helped myself and figured, “Eh, what the hell? I have 10 weeks to work this German Chocolate off….”
But, look at me now! Here I am making good choices to reach a long term goal. Hopefully, I will kick the yo-yo dieting habit forever!
Not to put all the blame on something else, but the lack of good summer sunshine is really slowing me down. Everyday I want to put on a tank top and go for a good long walk with Sophia. Every day it rains and she and I are stuck inside looking rather pale and chubby. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice. My dad and three of my siblings are playing in a golf tournament in town and it would be really lovely to just go walk around and get a bit of a glow going on.
I feel like I am starting to get my physical self together. I am losing the weight and taking more time to look nice. At the same time, I almost feel like I am afraid of success. This morning I felt good knowing I had lost some weight and my measurements are definitely getting better too. Then, this afternoon, I had a small breakdown to dear husband and tonight I am currently enjoying a glass of wine and peanut butter cookies! Ha- with a crazy combo like that, I sound pregnant again.
In an effort to stay on track (or get back on track, depending on how you view my evening of indulgences), I am going to set my first short term goal with a real deadline. Husband’s cousin is getting married July 10. The wedding will be outdoors and quite warm. I would like to look nice in a sleeveless dress. I would like to loose an additional four pounds in the next three weeks. That will put me at 166. Perhaps I should put down the Riesling and pickup the hand weights, but that can always wait until tomorrow… ;)

0 comments: