BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Got Milk?

This is so frustrating! Tuesday I worked out for about 50 minutes doing the SELF video and some extra lunges and crunches and such. After my husband came home from work, he and I took Sophia for a walk. We began at a track and did 7 laps. Some of them we jogged. From there we walked to a nearby city walking path. It’s scenic but very hilly so we got some extra benefit from the inclines. I think we must have walked for close to 2 hours. Wednesday I was feeling the perfect amount of soreness. Encouraged, I was able to control my eating very well. By 2pm I had consumed some coffee with a bit of stevia, low-fat all natural yogurt and a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter. I sat down with Sophia and a big glass of water, prepared to breastfeed. Apparently, in the past 24 hours or so, I hadn’t provided my body with the appropriate calories to produce enough milk for my daughter. She and I were both pretty unimpressed. What’s a girl to do?!?

Of course, since I already had plans with two of my girl friends (one is 9 mos. pregnant and the other one is the mother of a 7 month old), we went to Applebee’s for ½ price appetizers. Because of my nursing issues, I took the green light to consume as many calories as possible. I did only have water to drink and didn’t completely stuff myself, but I don’t even want to know how many fat grams I had just slapped on my chubby body. After the appetizer dinner of nachos, spinach-artichoke dip and wonton tacos, Sophia and I came home and took a nice long walk with husband. I still got my required 45 minutes of activity in, but I was frustrated. I guess I am just having a hard time finding the right balance of caloric intake and physical activity to produce enough milk for my baby girl and still lose weight.

This morning my milk was back to normal. I had a cup of coffee and a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats and skim milk. I think I will eat plenty of calories, but make sure they are coming from healthy/whole foods. There is a big difference between 200 calories of milk, almonds or cheese and 200 calories of soda, chips or ice cream.
I haven’t weighed myself since Tuesday. Tomorrow is my first official weigh in. Of course I’m super excited for that…

0 comments: