BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Perhaps I’m stupid. I truly expected the scale to read a lower number the day after my first post. I mean, I had been active in Operation Get Hot for three full days! Surely that’s enough for my bitter old scale to offer me at least the promise of a better figure by shaving a few pounds. Ha! No such luck. Of course I wasn’t expecting to be a size three after a couple of days of in home workouts, but a little drop after a full week of daily workouts would have been nice. Either way, I have seen no change and I am all the more determined to loose some weight.

Wednesday I got about as hot as I can without donning a LBD and heels. I had my trooper of a husband take a picture for my “before” shot. I am hoping if I do that monthly, there will be obvious changes in each picture. The jeans I am wearing are a 12. And a tight 12 at that. I refuse to buy size 14. Clever girl that I am, I attempted to camouflage my “muffin-top” with a strapless bubble top and sucking in as much as possible. It’s still there. At this particular point in my life, that’s as good as it gets. So that’s me. Not hideous, but looking rather chunky and quite lackluster. I wanna be hot! And actually, before I’m even ready to tackle that goal, I’d really just like to be able wear more than 5 things in my entire closet.

Thursday I didn’t workout at all. I went for a quick walk with Sophia and that was it. Besides that, I have put in at least 45 minutes of heart pumping physical activity every day this week. One day I even ran- pushing about 25 lbs of stroller and baby! I also have applied at least a bit of makeup everyday. Progress is progress, no matter how small.

I love my husband, he is really supportive and is continuously reminding me that I just had a baby, he loves me, I’m beautiful and not to be so hard on myself. Of course I always respond logically by bursting into tears and telling him, “Shut up, I don’t wanna be fat”. Other people also tell me women’s bodies change, blah, blah, blah. I get that. That’s fine. The problem is I was working with some extra curves before I packed on baby weight. Now I am absolutely petrified of becoming the woman who is still carrying “baby weight” after “baby” starts kindergarten. Despite what dear husband may say, he still gapes at the UFC ring girls. I don’t want sympathy and understanding. I want those kinds of stares!

It’s time to really dig in on the things I can change instantly. I just ordered a pedicure spa. I realize that cute toes don’t make a woman hot, but it’s a great start. For about the price of a good pedicure, I bought the best part- the bubbly, massaging bath. I have a paraffin bath, pumice, masks, scrubs and all the basics. Now I have no excuse for my feet (and hands) to not look great all summer long.

Well, it’s time to get started on my workout while Sophia is still napping. Peace!

Photobucket

0 comments: